Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

opinions on d'addario prisms

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by pharcyde, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Ok, i've tried GHS boomers, d'addario XL's, and Dean Markleys. I'm gonna try something new this time and i heard that prisms were pretty good. Any comments on their sound and quality.

2. I have a medium gauge set of Prisms on right now that I've been using for quite a while. On my fretted, I've used GHS Bass Boomers, Dean Markley Nickel Roundwounds, D'Addario XL's, Dean Markley Blue Steels, and these Prisms. The Prisms have definitely been my favorite strings (that list is in order of how much I have liked each type, with the Prisms being the best for me).

They have a really nice bright sound and I've lost track of how many months I've been using them.

Just on a side note.. it's getting time to replace them and I'm going to try out a set of DR Fatbeams. I like experimenting.. but I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Prisms if I don't like the DR's.

3. "Bright" is the key word I would associate Prisms with

4. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    They are really nice strings. There doesn't seem to be as much tension in them as other strings of the same gauge so you can really bend notes if thats your thing.

They seem to keep the bright sound for a while - they lasted twice as long (as Blue Steels) before getting binned.

One thing which I may (or may not - it could just have been one of those days) have noticed was the output seemed slightly less than the Blue Steels. I just turned the volume up but this could be a concern with a noisy bass.

5. Newsted

Newsted

Jun 24, 2001
    Greece(athens)
    this strings are realy great i love them clean and bright tha stanless sound that i search but after a weak are not the same :(((