1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Opinions on Dean Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tvan1988, Dec 27, 2002.

1. tvan1988

tvan1988

Apr 16, 2001
    Wamego, Kansas
    I usually don't post a lot of stuff, but I read alot of them because I always like to hear other opinions on gear. What do you think of Dean basses, I hardly ever hear anyone talk about them. I really like the Edge series basses, I currently have 2(fretted 4, fretless 5) and have owned 3 others. Any opinions would be appriciated. (in the market for another fretted 5).

2. watspan

watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    i have a dean edge 4 improv, czech made, neck thru. I think it is a very well made instrument--nice details, nice controls, looks beautiful too! Mine plays like a dream too for me--low action, narrow neck--real quick and smooth. Is also a great sounding bass--came w/ roundwounds that were really bright and zingy--currently have flatwounds on it. Tone has a nice "growl" overall. paid $725 new. Only thing i like as much or better now is my 4 string Reverend Rumblefish--although the guys here have me interested in looking at a MusicMan now!

3. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I think deans are pretty good basses especially for the price. I haven't played a ton of them, maybe 4 or 5.. and I liked them all.. I liked the price even better

4. for the price they're some of the best out there. I have an Edge 4 fretless, a MLX7, and I bought my wife a Performer acoustic Guitar. They all play well, and are built real solid.

My Edge 4 has Grover tuners, a 5 piece Maple/Walnut neck, and EMG-HZ pickups. I bought if for like $300 and some change.

5. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I'm still waiting to get my hands on one of the B Squared Brian Bromberg Signature basses. Dean has them posted on their price list (the prices for the USA versions are TBA), but I still haven't seen one in person. Maybe Dean will have more info. after Winter NAMM 2003.

http://www.deanguitars.com/priceguide/basses_prices.gif

6. mrbaloo

mrbaloo

May 9, 2002
    Sweden
    I have got the 4-string Edge and the Dean-marked pups are infact EMG HZ's. Very nice!

/MrBaloo

7. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I have a 5 string fretless version of the Korean Dean Edge from a few years back:

[​IMG]

I love it, it's my most played bass despite being one of the cheapest I own.

8. wardak

wardak

Dec 3, 2001
    Honolulu HI
    Are these basses out yet? I haven't seen them, but would like to. Thanks.