1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Opinions on Dean Rhapsody

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NNbassest, Nov 4, 2004.

1. NNbassest

NNbassest

Nov 4, 2004
    hey guys, new hear. i was wondering what all yalls opinions *sp?* were on the Dean Rahpsody. i am considering getting one as a new bass. thanks for the help. my AIM is EmiricanReject04

thanks,
    JJ :hyper:

2. Rhythmalism

Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    I seriously considered buying one (semihollow version), as I was looking for a semihollow at the time. But I found a spector for only $150 more that looked a little nicer, and it didn't have all the mediocre reviews that the Dean did. They're alright for the money though.

3. fourstring44

fourstring44

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    I had the semi hollow fretless version, with F-holes. I thought it was a very nice bass. Nice sounding bass, easy to play once setup. I bought mine used and it showed up with the worst setup ever, but I tweaked on it for a while and got it to my liking and it played great.

_Curt

4. Get a Dean Raphsody 12 string. Talk about a fat sound!!!

5. Chapbass

Chapbass

Dec 11, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    haha, yeah i had a rhapsody 12 string. i still dont know which bass got weirder looks, the 12 string or my GTBD 7 string....

its fun to mess around with, was a little to heavy for the sound i was going for though : \.

6. NNbassest

NNbassest

Nov 4, 2004
    alright, thanks. one more thing. i play in a rock/punk band i also play motown on my own. i am currently lookin for a new bass and ive come across
    A) 1996 Fender lyte with jazz neck and EMG pickups
    B) Dean Rhapsody 4 string
    C) Dean vintage

which do you guys recomend? im really wanting the Fender. i think its the best buy out of them it has the P/J pickups too *im hopefully purchasing it from funicicle or somthing like that from this forum*

thanks, again,
    JJ :bassist: