Opinions on Dean Rhapsody

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by NNbassest, Nov 4, 2004.

1. NNbassest

Nov 4, 2004
    hey guys, new hear. i was wondering what all yalls opinions *sp?* were on the Dean Rahpsody. i am considering getting one as a new bass. thanks for the help. my AIM is EmiricanReject04

JJ :hyper:
  2. Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    I seriously considered buying one (semihollow version), as I was looking for a semihollow at the time. But I found a spector for only $150 more that looked a little nicer, and it didn't have all the mediocre reviews that the Dean did. They're alright for the money though.
  3. fourstring44

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    I had the semi hollow fretless version, with F-holes. I thought it was a very nice bass. Nice sounding bass, easy to play once setup. I bought mine used and it showed up with the worst setup ever, but I tweaked on it for a while and got it to my liking and it played great.

4. Get a Dean Raphsody 12 string. Talk about a fat sound!!!
  5. Chapbass

Dec 11, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    haha, yeah i had a rhapsody 12 string. i still dont know which bass got weirder looks, the 12 string or my GTBD 7 string....

its fun to mess around with, was a little to heavy for the sound i was going for though : \.
  6. NNbassest

Nov 4, 2004
    alright, thanks. one more thing. i play in a rock/punk band i also play motown on my own. i am currently lookin for a new bass and ive come across
    A) 1996 Fender lyte with jazz neck and EMG pickups
    B) Dean Rhapsody 4 string
    C) Dean vintage

which do you guys recomend? im really wanting the Fender. i think its the best buy out of them it has the P/J pickups too *im hopefully purchasing it from funicicle or somthing like that from this forum*

thanks, again,
    JJ :bassist: