Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on Eden CXM 110 Combo???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AndyMan, Jan 20, 2004.

1. AndyMan

AndyMan Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    http://myplaceproductionsllc.com/
    Anyone with experience with this little combo?

How do you like this amp? I'm thinking of using it w/ a CXM112 to replace an Ampeg SVT Classic 410 HE driven by a Carvin DCM 600 (450 watts @ 8 ohms) and Sans Amp RBI.

How does it handle volume??? I do a Blues gig where I don't need to be excessively loud.

I like the idea of cruising into practive with a 39 lb combo that spits out 235 watts, and putting a CXM 112 underneath it for gigs, giving me 335 watts througha 10 and 12.

Opinions?

2. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I've played through both the 110CXC and 210CXC and I really don't like them.

Given you may not need this amp for volume but it felt like whenever I was playing these amps I was going to break.

clip lights were flying everywhere, speakers were farting, etc.

The head section has nice tone and the layout is simple enough to understand but when it was driving the CXC cab it was not impressing by any means.

I tried the same head through a 210XLT and it sounded WAY better!

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I'd recommend the Aguilar gs-112 cab, maybe two? I liked the sound of the aguilar and it can handle more wattage than the eden. I liked the tone of the eden, but I too got the impression that it was easy to overload the 110's I never played the 112s. thread here

another gs112 thread

try the search also....

good luck!