Opinions on Eden Nemesis Range??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mr Bassman, Sep 1, 2000.

1. Mr Bassman

Mr Bassman

Aug 28, 2000
    Has anyone tried any of the Eden Nemesis Range? I'm particularly interested in the Nemesis 2x10 but I can't really try one out as it would mean a trip to Either Birmingham or London!!

THanx - Niggy®
  2. Craig H

Craig H

Mar 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    I just bought an Eden Nemesis NC210P. I love it. It sounds much bigger than it looks. I'd say it would be worth the trip to check it out.

3. DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Make the trip. I would never buy a piece of gear without auditioning it myself. Forums like this are wonderful places to give you suggestions and put you on a path. But in the end all of our opinions are subjective and may not align with your style, your music type and your ears.As for the Nemesis I find that they are good quality and carry some of the tonal characteristics of their higher end Eden cousins.While you're there check out the SWR Workingman line.
  4. Ahhh, my first post at this board. I have a Nemesis 115 and it's great for the price range. I paid $400 (used but only a few months old) and haven't had a regret. I've been abusing it with my DOD Meat Box for about two years and it only recently had a problem. Shortly after I got my Warwick, I fried the crossover on the tweeter. Literally. The glues holding to the tweeter melted and the PCB has a big scorch down the middle. Fun. I intend to replace it with the gold aluminum Eden tweeter and Eden crossover (total of about $130 compared to $40 to replace it with the stock tweeter/crossover combo). Anyone else done this sort of damage? Other suggestions on replacement?
  5. MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    There was a thread about this amp,about three months ago.I had one and thought it farted up the B string(on a five)and was very "directional"it threw sound straight foward.I sold it in less than a week.I did like the ease of carrying.And customer service at Eden was A+.They sent me replacement knobs,and an owners manual,quickly and at no charge,even though they knew I bought it used.I think the cabinet and the speakers just werent for me.I wouldnt hesitate to try their higher end stuff.P.S.I didnt like an SWR Workingmans 15,because of the cabinet properties also.Just my opinion.
  6. [​IMG]

finally bothered to upload a picture of the ill-fated circuit

Still haven't replaced it actually

I've only seen ones from Carvin and Eden, any others I should consider?
  7. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    Last time I tried out basses I played through a Nemesis 4x10 combo. I choose to play through it since it was closest to my Eden rig. I liked the sound I could got out of the amp, and how easy I got it. Most of the EQ flat with a little enhance and bass like my Eden. I was playing 5s (active Fenders and Warwicks) through it and it handled them fine, no farting out, granted I was in a store and didn't crank it up. Even though I liked the sound I got I found the EQ wasn't nearly as powerful as my Eden, mainly the higher controls. I also had to add more gain than on most amps in order to get to where I could here the amp (I was sitting on a stool over the amp, the speakers were hitting my ankles so that was a factor, and maybe because of how directional it shoots sound.) Even though I didn't crank it I'm sure it could hit stage volume. Overall I liked the amp, even though I wasn't truly trying it out, I say take the trip and give it your own test, that's the best way to decide.
  8. dwightevil

Mar 31, 2009
    i own a nemesis bass/guitar combo amp ibought used. it is a 1996 NC200A, but it has NC200Pwritten on the back, i dont know why, i have never found anything on a "P" model but anyway. GREATEST amp ever. i play guitar and bass both sound great due to the range of frequency.the original cones blew so i replaces them with 2 Yorkville 100Watters for about $80 canadian. This thing goes way louder than you could ever possibly need. bought used for about 200 in 1999/2000 cant really remember.