opinions on fenders new basses....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Jan 24, 2004.

do you like em?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2004.

8 vote(s)

1 vote(s)
  3. some are ok, the others are blah...

21 vote(s)
  1. well i was browsing the fender site out of curiosity and came across 4 new basses for this year:

Roscoe Beck Bass IV (woot SMASH!)

Mike Dirnt Signature Model

Dimension Bass IV

P Bass® Jr.

the RB looks nice, and the mike dirnt is a nice alternative to the paisley blue and sting sigs if you dig those old style ps, but the dimension bass is very yuck! p bass jr looks like a decent shortscale ala the mustang bass. interesting stuff, what do you guys think?
  2. The Dimension bass is hideous, in my opinion. The RB is nice, and the Dirnt sig looks cool. The short scale P is a good idea. So I guess I only have a beef with the Dimension. What were they thinking? Not that I don't accept change from Fender, but the body style isn't great. Looks unproportional.
  3. I like the Dimension and the RB4...the others dont turn my crank. :p
  4. I'm interested in the Dirnt Sig, even though I probably won't buy it(probably.) I'd like to play it, though, and feel it out.
  5. gyellow

Dec 16, 2003
    I'd like to find out about the Dirnt bass too. But I couldn't find it on their site?

6. its under the new products for 2004 - others links.
  7. P-bass Jr. is short scale,I'm guessing?

I really like the RB4,and Mike Dirnt siggy...I hate the Dimension piece of wood though.
  8. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I'd like a short-scale P-bass.
  9. If they made an 'Aerodyne Jazz' in a wide spaced 5, that would be pimp.

10. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Excuse me, where is the line for the RB4?
  11. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Based solely on appearance, I could like all but the Dirnt. Doubt that I'd plunk down any of my hard earned for any of those, though.

12. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    when did fender buy ibanez?
  13. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    RB4 looks great, and is that a Badass on the Dirnt? Short-scale p-bass is a good idea.

Dimension looks like junk though...yuck!
  14. i know i'll have my eye out for the Mike D. sig, thats for sure!

Maybe by the end of the year, my wallet too? :D
  15. egb41

Mar 26, 2003
    U.S.A OHIO Columbus
    The RB4 looks pimp. I would say that Fender could make a boat load of money if they switched to 35" scale five strings. I absolutely love the way that Fender basses look but the b-strings on all of the ones that I have owned/played have left something to be desired. Some less than others, but none the less unsatisfactory.(end of rant.sorry).
  16. Ya, the Mike Bass has got a BA2, and duncan pickups, i think? not sure on that one.

ash body, maple/rosewood, the neck is shaped as a 69' P, as i read somewhere...
  17. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Dimension looks like about every other POS line most korean manufactors offer, yamaha, ibanez GSR, ect.

The Dirnt, and RB 4 look killer.
  18. I like the look of the RB4 and apart from the junior p-bass i dont really like the others...i dont like the look of the pickguard and the skinny headstock and the mike dirnt
  19. I should live that long.
  20. the roscoe beck 4 is the only one that appeals to me. the others i don't like that much.