Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on GK Neo115 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nedmundo, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Have a GK Neo112, which is great, and I'm thinking of adding another one, or perhaps a Neo115 for more low end slam. Anyone have experience with one?

2. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Funny your post pops up, I was just thinking the same myself, I also have the NEO112 and like its portability. (ZERO "grunt" factor) I use mine on top of my bergantino HT115 and its a great combo. (the berg has more grunt all around of course) Can't go wrong with the NEO 115 as far as I can see. Good idea go for it and report back soon? :)

Do you play a five through it? Do you dig your B through the NEO112?

3. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    No, don't play a five. I'll be trying the Neo112 at an "unplugged" type gig this weekend, so I'll see how it does. Sure sounded great at rehearsal.

I'll probably forego the Neo115, because I have an SWR Goliath III, and would have to sell it for the GK.

But if players say it rivals a good 4x10", I might go for it because of the light weight, compact dimensions, and compatibility with the GK bi-amp feature on my 700RB and 700RB-II. With the Neo112, I think using the bi-amp feature makes a real difference.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Right now I'm running a 2001RB through a Neo 4x12. Killer!!!!

5. I use the Neo 112 with the Neo 115. I prefer this rig to the 212 because the 115 has great lowend response without being too boomy. It's a great combination. A lot of times, the 112 is more than enough, but when you are playing to larger audiences or you're in a loud band, the 115 really fills out the sound well.