1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Opinions on Godin Freeway 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crazyphil, Oct 7, 2002.

1. It seems like a very inexpensive bass, but the quality seems high as well. Any experience with these?

2. I haven't tried one but I've heard nothing but good things about them and Godin in general.

3. Let's put it this way, I bought one almost three months ago and I haven't played my G&L L-2500 since!

Don't get me wrong the G&L is still a fantastic bass and is worth a great deal more, but the Godin really does sound and play great next to it. Is it as versatile? No, but it does have a great tone or three just like a classic passive Fender. Very smooth and very warm with a nice growl.

Godin workmanship? Really, really great. They are such a fabulous value I can't say enough great things about them. I actually just bought my 7th Godin this afternoon in fact (a really sweet 6 string electric guitar) and it is also unbelievable for the money.

I wouldn't hestitate for a second to recommend the Freeway 5 (I haven't played the 4 string, but it must be good too).