Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on Godin Freeway 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by crazyphil, Oct 7, 2002.

1. It seems like a very inexpensive bass, but the quality seems high as well. Any experience with these?

2. I haven't tried one but I've heard nothing but good things about them and Godin in general.

3. Let's put it this way, I bought one almost three months ago and I haven't played my G&L L-2500 since!

Don't get me wrong the G&L is still a fantastic bass and is worth a great deal more, but the Godin really does sound and play great next to it. Is it as versatile? No, but it does have a great tone or three just like a classic passive Fender. Very smooth and very warm with a nice growl.

Godin workmanship? Really, really great. They are such a fabulous value I can't say enough great things about them. I actually just bought my 7th Godin this afternoon in fact (a really sweet 6 string electric guitar) and it is also unbelievable for the money.

I wouldn't hestitate for a second to recommend the Freeway 5 (I haven't played the 4 string, but it must be good too).