Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on Mesaboogie Venture 2X10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tajue17, Sep 14, 2005.

1. hey whats up everyone,,, I need some opinions on the mesaboogie 600watt Venture M-pulse 2X10 combo. I have been playing a GK400RB Ampeg 1x15 & 4X10 classics (only the 4x10 and head for live stuff) and I wanted to get a decent combo amp which basiclly has a better sound. I did buy the venture and I can return it if its not what I want but everyone i know says it has plenty of Bottom and in the store it did sound like a 15" in there..

I'm playing style street music (faster rock&roll) clashy, rancid, old alarm, punky sounding stuff and using Musicman stingrays pick style.

do any of you have any experience with Boogie bass stuff?

2. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Boogie stuff has a very solid and defined low end. I think their 10's are designed to handle low B/A pretty well. It is sweet equipment. What is it you wanted to know exactly? I dont think the 2x10 will be quite as loud as your old rig :p

3. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    The Venture is one of the best combos that I know of (IMHO). It has great tone and has plenty of volume. Add a 1X15 powerhouse cab and you are going have a killer rig for all occasions.

4. thanks for the posts, for the record my stuff now is a 1X15 and 4X10 classic ampeg cabs through a GK400RB but I only use the 4X10 and head for live stuff but the ampeg cabs seem mushy now that I changed my basses to Musicman stingrays?