Opinions on my band's logo

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bayou_Brawler, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    What do y'all think of this logo? The band was straight bluegrass and folk in the past and would have jam sessions on the "back forty" of a farm. now we're more electric and funked and jamed out. one of our self given nicknames is "the face melting groove tractor"......haha so there is the background. what about the logo?

2. I couldn't really tell that was a tractor until you mentioned it, and I see tractors almost every day. So, you might want to clear up that image a bit. Otherwise, I like the logo and the background story is cool :)
  3. Monk

Jun 15, 2004
    Ther's a tractor :eyebrow: ?
  4. Phe

May 30, 2005
    Oulu, Finland
    I think the picture is pretty awful. I couldn't tell there was a tractor. Colors are ok, but you could use a little simpler image.
  5. Bruce B

Bruce B

Sep 2, 2004
    The tractor could definitely use some work and the whole thing is a little soft. .jpg is not a good format for text and lines. Try .gif or .tiff.
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Good idea, but yeah, that doesn't look a damn thing like a tractor.
  7. snake

Jul 21, 2004
    Aurora. CO
    Hey Bayou! With the John Deere colors and abstract view of a tractor, it doesn't look bad. Maybe a more stylized version of the tractor., maybe not so rough.
  8. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    Yeah fix the tractor, but the John Deer theme is a cool idea for the type of music you play!
  9. That's really wierd guys, because I totally knew that was a tractor.

I like the logo just fine, but I think it'd be a tad more attractive if you did one of two things:

Either put "40" under the word "back" to block the logo in a bit better,

replace "forty" with "40", and italicize that and hide it slightly behind the word "Back".

10. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    to quote my brother "the tractor looks like two pineapples and ..something, and from a far like of them stickers you often find on a banana" :D So I guess you have to work on the tractor :)