1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

opinions on my possible rig combinations.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by markob, Mar 27, 2015.

1. markob

markob

Mar 2, 2010
    North Cali
    Heads: GB 6.2 Shuttle and Ampeg non pro SVT III
    Cabs: Berg HT112, EX112, EA VL110. (On the hunt for second VL110)

I know and really like every "safe" combination that these pieces offer. The shuttle 6.2 works well with the Bergs but you guys know that. Way too much power for my usual needs but hey..
    Equally nice with just one of the Bergs. I really dig the Lower powered ampeg through the Bergs. Organic and old school to my ears. But my go to has been the Ampeg through the EA VL110. With my gigs of late I can get by with this set up. Coffeehouse/Winery acoustic trio. This combo kills with a passive P style.

After all that the simply question is "when" I get the second EA, how would y'all out there team up the combinations and why? I don't need half of what I got. I know it's my deal and decision. Room, bass and music type dependent and all that. I know it will be a gas experimenting. I just want two complete rigs for no other reason and most can relate I'm sure. So I ask...for no other reason piece my rigs please..

2. You lost me at shuttle into berg sounds fine followed with Ampeg into the other one sounds fine. If you double up the other one it will sound fine too. Carry on.

3. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Based on what you've said, pretty simple. The GB & Berg(s) & the Peggy & EA(s). If you decide to get rid of one rig, should be the GB/Berg(s).

4. markob

markob

Mar 2, 2010
    North Cali
    Man I was afraid someone would point out the obvious...my thoughts exactly. So much for the micro head replacing my heavy old workhorse. Thanks for the reply.