Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on Nemisis 210 Combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greywoulf, Sep 15, 2000.

1. Am looking to buy a new amp or combo to go with my new Warwick FNA 4-string. Have a Hartke 1415 that I'm going to sell or trade in. I like hi-fi, clean presentation of instrument's sound, and the Hartke sounds muddy to me... I'm considering the Nemisis 210 Combo because of it's power, lightness, and easy portability. Will it give me the sound I want? What are the general opinions of people who have this set-up? And is there something else (in the aprox $500-$800 price range) that I should be considering? Like, is an SWR Workingman's 2004 head with a 2x10T cab worth the extra $300 bucks it costs over the Nemisis combo?

Thanks,
    Greywoulf

2. Craig H

Craig H

Mar 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    Yes, I think so. My NC210P is clean and powerful.

I'm not sure how the NC210P stacks up against the WM2004/210T combination, but it does pretty well compared with my SWR Bass 350/Peavey 210TXF setup. IMHO, the Nemesis 210 combo would be the way to go!

Of course, let your ears be your guide. YMMV. Etc, etc. :)

Craig

3. MrGump

MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    this is a topic that has been talked to DEATH.In at least three different threads,over the past two months.Look back,youll see.Maybe thats why you have so few replies.

4. Thanks Craig, I appreciate your opinion. And I can't help but wonder why guys like McGump feel like they have to cut off a thread because they think the question is too common, too easy, too dumb, etc. It's my damn question, and anyone who doesn't like it doesn't have to open the damn thread. I don't see any shortage of space on this forum McGump, do you?
    I suspect, McGump, you are not aptly named. Should be McGrump...

Greywoulf

5. In my opinion the Nemesis 210 is an excellent combo.

If you do a word search on Nemesis, you will find approximately 8 different threads under the amp directory. I was one of the first members to ask abaout the Nemesis back in July of this year.

I am glad to see that others have found out about this great combo amp. I have had the chance to play similar combo amps using a passive bass (Yamaha BBN4) and always go back to this amp.

Hope this helps as well as gives you other threads to read to help make your selection.

6. dmaki

dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    Chattanooga
    I've had my Nemesis 210 for a few months now and its great. Its definately worth it to get it, its a great deal for the price. I think Mars Music has free shipping on items over $200 so check out their website (http://www.marsmusic.com) and see how they compare to everyone else.

Peace out
    David

7. jondiener

jondiener Guy in the corner, looking at his phone on break. Supporting Member

I'm seriously considering the NEMESIS NC-210P, but part of me says go ahead and get the 410 combo for not alot more clams. If I got the 210 combo, I would probably buy a 1-15 cab or even a 2-10 cab to go with it (for bigger rooms). So, apart from the money, would there be any benefit to the 410 scenario? I'm still a bit confused on the impedance/wattage/parallel/serial/extension cabinet thing, so I guess what I'm asking is this: which set-up would be louder? An NC-210P with a 2-10 extension cab, or an NC-410P by itself?

It would be nice to be able to take just the 210 combo when I don't need the big ammo - I'm getting too old (lazy) to carry heavy stuff anymore.

Thanks for any input!