Opinions On Peavey 115 BXBW???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AndyMan, Sep 10, 2001.

1. AndyMan

AndyMan Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 17, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Hey guys--

I'm putting together a practice rig--going to use my Ampeg SVT Classic (300 watts, all tube) and I'd like to know from Peavey owners their opinion of the 4 ohm 115 BXBW as a stand alone with the Classic.

2. Hey AndyMan, though I've never tried an Ampeg SVT Classic, I've had my 115BXBW for a long time. Actually it's the only piece of equipment I've kept ever since I started playing bass. It's never let me down and the thing is as tough as nails. Although I'm sure you can get a lighter cabinet with a better tone (for a lot more money), you won't beat the value of one of these cabs.

I used it as a stand alone cab in a loud blues band and although I only ran 150 watts into it, it was loud enough for me and the band!
  3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Well, my take on the cab is they're incredibly quick and punchy. Actually, mine's more punchy than my 10"'s. I think they work better in combination with 10"'s. I suggest EString's FORSFYD. :)

(For Optimal Results, See For Yourself, Dummy)

For a bass cab that can pump out some serious bottom, check out the Bag End Deep 1x15.
    For a fast, punchy, 15", the Peavey's the way to go.