Opinions on Peavey TKO 65

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassmanred84, Feb 15, 2009.

1. bassmanred84

bassmanred84

Jan 21, 2009
    Just curious if anyone has ever played out of one. It has been my practice amp for years and never let me down. Hell, I've even gigged with it a few times. Very heavy, but it seems quite durable. One day I got a little tired of the sound I was getting through the peavey so I checked out craigslist and found someone selling a behringer bx3000t head and two behringer ba410 cabs for very cheap. So I bought them and was all proud(and stupid for not looking up reviews). Plugged everything in and let 'er rip. Needeless to say I thought the peavey tko 65 sounded a hell of a lot better.
    Kinda funny though, I thought I was upgrading and instead I downgraded.
    -speaker wise at least. With my new custom 2x10 combo I've managed to dial in the sound I like with the behringer bx3000t. Behringer cabs just suck though. IMO.

2. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    Have had the same TKO 65 for the last 22years, still working. Not surprised to hear your comment on the Behringer rig.

3. jastacey

jastacey

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    I had one of those little peavey bass amps ... used it for a practice amp ..... it's still in the family ... the Behringer stuff is just made for filling a land fill !!!! ....but it might make a good boat anchor !!!!

4. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    The TKO (at least the TKO 65 and the second version of that with the 9 band graphic EQ) were the best 1x15 combo amps I've ever heard. The pre-amp tone control centers were so perfectly matched to a P bass, and the punch of the Scorpion 15 made it a great amp.

I'd still kinda like to have one...

jte

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021