Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on Peavy Nitro amp head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gandolf Bassist, Jun 24, 2001.

1. Hey everyone, currently I have a Crate BX-100 combo with a 15" speaker, but I would like to move to a head and cab and I was wondering if anyone has used this amp and what in their opinion are the pros and cons to this amp. Thanx.

2. Well, I don't have a Nitro, but I have a Peavey combo, and if anything, they are durable! I have had some close calls with my amp, what with dropping it and slamming it into stuff, it has never pooped out. Anyways, that's about it. Their tone is pretty good too :D

3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I used to have a Peavey DeltaBass, which has the same preamp as the NitroBass, just less power. I really liked the sound of the DeltaBass. I chose it over the SWR workingman's stuff. I sold my DeltaBass 'cause I needed more power. The NitroBass would have been fine, but I found a good deal on a T-Max. If I found a good deal on a NitroBass, I would probably pick it up as a backup to my T-Max. If you like the NitroBass, go for it! I think its a great SS amp.