Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on price .....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by outofthedeep, Jul 10, 2004.

1. outofthedeep

outofthedeep Guest

Jan 14, 2004
    East Texas
    Found a great playing/sounding Godin SD5 at my local music store... I know it has been haning on the wall for a while, and there is a scratch on the headstock, but you have to be looking for it to see it. Anyway, they have lowered their usual money gouging prices to what I think might be a good deal, to $312 american. Money is tight right now, but I could afford the laway plan they have, but only if it is truely a good price.
    What do you guys think? get it or not? they are holding it for me for a few days until I decied if I want to put it on Layaway. Thanks!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thats a good price. I got my used Godin SD4 for $320. (upgraded it with Bartolini pickups, i highly suggest this mod if you want it to get a little more low end growl). Its my main bass and i would compare it to basses that cost twice as much, easily. I have mine set up with pretty low action and it sounds really nice. I like the necks on these, its pretty comfortable and really fast. Really nice slap tones come out of this bass as well. I really like it for any style of music. Godins are definitely great basses, anyone whos played one will tell you that. Beats the crap out of anything else you will find anywhere close to that price. I say go for it. I can give you more information on the Godin SD series if you have any questions about it, PM me.

3. Don't know if that's a good price or not as I'm in Australia; but being the owner of a SD4 Pro I can tell you Godin make great basses. The Seymour Duncan pick-ups mine came with don't have a terribly hot out-put but they do have a great growly tone and enough flexability to keep me happy. Nice neck and looks too. :)