Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on Rack cases, please!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by GSPLBASSDC, Apr 21, 2005.

1. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    'Sup TB'ers!!

I have a question and I know the collective TalkBass mind can provide some insight.

In a few weeks, I'm trading in my Fender BXR300C combo amp for a Groove Bass 1200 and a couple of Avatar cabs (getting out of just church gigs and adding 6-7 club gigs/month).

I also have a BOSS VF-1 and and AKG wireless system, so I'm looking for advice on what type (make, style, size, etc) of rack case to get....I've already decided I want wheels.

Based on what I have now, the height of my gear totals 3u, but I'll probably add a Furman later. Should I get a 4 u or should it be larger for heat dissipation, etc?

Recommendations anyone???

Thanks!

2. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    The amp should dissapate heat well, unless it says differently in the manual.

I have (from top to bottom):

Furman lighted conditioner
    Nady wireless
    Nightbass SE
    Hartke 7000
    2u drawer

8 spaces total.

The drawer is solid on the top, so the amp is sandwiched right between the Nightbass and the drawer top. I've never had any problem with my amp overheating/shutting off.

3. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Good to know, thanks!

Any other thoughts?