Opinions on SWR Big Bertha 2X15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Im considering buying one used. Anyone out there have one or tested one?
  2. I've never played the Big Bertha, but it's probobly really nice because I have the Son of Bertha, and I think it sounds awsome. Really clear, but with plenty of warmth. SWR cabinets are also nice and light.
  3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks, Jacob.

It's pretty big, at about 100 pounds. Tough to lug up and down the basement stairs tho?
  4. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    I've used one at Guitar Center. I loved it! I was using a SM-900 with it and I was amazed. Very loud, very good tone also.
  5. leper

Jun 21, 2001
    i think they sound pretty damn bomb, nice and phat, with a sharp edge. Not much happenin in the upper mids, but thats to be expected from the speaker config.

I have a gol sr which is the same size and really close in weight, and I have no problem movin it up and down stairs, in and outta the van etc. Im also a spry 19 year old...i probably wouldnt be thinkin the same thing if I wasnt young and dumb.
  6. 100 lbs is heavy, but it's light compared to most 215 cabinets. There are plenty of 410s that weigh more and 115s that weigh almost or as much.
  7. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Two other competing cabs to check out are the Eden D215XLT and the Mesa Boogie 2x15. I think all three are very good cabs but one will probably suit you better than the others, depending on your amp, tone preferences, bass, etc. The SWR is cleaner and a bit faster, the Eden sounds like, well, an Eden (warm and colored) and the Boogie is just fat as an outhouse rat.