1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinions on the ESP LTD B-50

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EssJay, Mar 12, 2010.

1. EssJay

EssJay

Dec 23, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Once again I've become drawn to another bass, the ESP LTD B-50. I've finally decided to sell off my 5 string to a mate so that I'll be able to add an extra $100 to my budget (currently $400AUD), which was originally intended to pick up an SX bass to mod into something a bit better.
    I was just wondering if this bass is worth the money? I have read that the pickups are a little muddy, which is fine (it's one of the first things I intend to change), but I am wondering in general if this is a bass that would be a good start for modding?

EDIT: The reason I'm asking is because I've heard that ESP, even with their LTD range, make very good quality stuff, but I wasn't sure if a $400 price tag on an LTD bass would be worth the buy (not looking to sell it off in the future though, so resale value is not an issue for this).

2. RicoDirenzo

RicoDirenzo

Apr 3, 2009
    Chico, CA
    Just bought an LTD 206sm Sixer on Ebay for $350. I have an Ibanez 406 and a Carvin LB76 (the Carvin is totally beautiful). I'll get it next week and let you know how it plays compared to the others.:hyper::bassist:

3. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    I had an older B-50 and I used it intensively for touring as a back-up bass; the tone was nothing special, but it was well built and kept in tune. IMO it's a very good choice for that price.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 3, 2020