Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

opinions on the LTD F 255

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by humbermg, Dec 25, 2005.

1. humbermg

humbermg

Dec 24, 2005
    guys i am new here, my name is Humberto Muñiz, i am a bassist form mexico, right now i play an Ibanez SR 190 4 string bass ( not so good haha)

i have being playing for about 1 year, but i have being in many bands, in the last 6 months,

i play almost every genre, but right now i am focusing in progressive rock ( or metal), andpower metal, also i am trying to learn jazz.

I am a Dream Theater Fan, Rush fan etc etc, Metallica, Iron Miaden, OPeth etc etc.

now the point,

I am looking for a new bass, mine is just not confortable to play the high notes, i just LOVE the desing of the LTDF255, but i haven't hear it... is it good? i have played the 4 string version, but haven't being able to get the 5 string, just to order it, is the 5 string good? is the tone to bright? any personal opinions?

i have read the review in this forum, but i need more opinions

any one has pplayed it?

thank you

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The question is what did you think of the four string version?

I played one a while back and noted that the pickups were weak sounding to me, and the B string was floppy.

3. steve21

steve21 Banned

I'm not a huge fan of agathis, but I suppose if you're on a budget and have no other bass you like, it'd be a good buy for your genre. They have an extended scale I believe, so they are good for tuning down.