1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

opinions on the LTD F 255

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by humbermg, Dec 25, 2005.

1. humbermg

humbermg

Dec 24, 2005
    guys i am new here, my name is Humberto Muñiz, i am a bassist form mexico, right now i play an Ibanez SR 190 4 string bass ( not so good haha)

i have being playing for about 1 year, but i have being in many bands, in the last 6 months,

i play almost every genre, but right now i am focusing in progressive rock ( or metal), andpower metal, also i am trying to learn jazz.

I am a Dream Theater Fan, Rush fan etc etc, Metallica, Iron Miaden, OPeth etc etc.

now the point,

I am looking for a new bass, mine is just not confortable to play the high notes, i just LOVE the desing of the LTDF255, but i haven't hear it... is it good? i have played the 4 string version, but haven't being able to get the 5 string, just to order it, is the 5 string good? is the tone to bright? any personal opinions?

i have read the review in this forum, but i need more opinions

any one has pplayed it?

thank you

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    The question is what did you think of the four string version?

I played one a while back and noted that the pickups were weak sounding to me, and the B string was floppy.

3. steve21

steve21 Banned

I'm not a huge fan of agathis, but I suppose if you're on a budget and have no other bass you like, it'd be a good buy for your genre. They have an extended scale I believe, so they are good for tuning down.