Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on the Zoom 708 II?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BillSC, Sep 17, 2002.

1. BillSC

BillSC Guest

May 30, 2002
    Columbia, SC
    I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Zoom 708 II? I am considering it as a practice tool and wanted to know what the prevailing wisdom might be on this one. Thanks in advance.

2. its zoom which means its crap... no im not being biased... when i say somethings crap because its ibanez i am being biased but i speak truth on that zoom "thing".

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It blows goat, IMHO.

Try finding a Korg AX-1 B instead (10 times better), or at least a Digitech BP200

4. BillSC

BillSC Guest

May 30, 2002
    Columbia, SC
    OUCH!!! Damn...I am glad I asked! Thanks...

5. Wareyin

Wareyin

Jul 13, 2002
    Since they haven't been shipped from the factory yet, everyone here is talking out of their ass. The first one (708) wasn't that good, but the second is supposed to have a lot more to it.

6. i never said i used it before or even heard it... i said its zoom therefore its crap.

7. BillSC

BillSC Guest

May 30, 2002
    Columbia, SC
    I dont give much of a crap about effects...smile. I just wanted to find a solid practice tool without having to haul an amp around...I should have said earlier (my bad), I am looking for something that can be a bit mobile

8. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

Korg PX4-B Bass Pandora.

[​IMG]

9. Tyler Dupont

Tyler Dupont Wesly Headpush

I just got a digitech BP200 ... alot of the effects are pretty bad, but it does have a rythem trainer and you can get some pretty cool sounds out of it. I haven't used it in a live situation yet though.