1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinions on these pedals i might buy

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jugoziithouu, Aug 30, 2008.

1. jugoziithouu

jugoziithouu

Jun 15, 2008
    Boss PS 3/5
    Boss AW 2
    Boss GEB 7
    Ehx Stereo Electric Mistress

Thanks! :D

I realy dont have options since my local shops only have boss :/ the Mistress i may buy form ebay

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    They suck.

Or

They're awesome

Neither is really going to be that helpful.

Without more info (what kind of music you play is a big one) it's hard to give anything other than "I like that pedal" or "I hate that pedal" (or more likely "you should buy boutique pedal X for twice the price instead") type comments.

If you want my personal perspective on those pedals here goes:

Boss PS-3/5: I have the PS-3 and it's a lot of fun. A mediocre delay, a decent whammy alternative, a good noisemaker (mode 7) and IMO a pretty rockin' chorus. The only thing I liked about the PS-5 is that they expression/whammy was better. Oh, and the PS-3 you'll also have to get via eBay as it is long since discontinued.

Boss AW-3: Didn't like this pedal at all. I think there are a number of better options at around the same price point.

Boss GEB 7: I've never had any need for an EQ pedal. It seems like a decent one though.

Ehx Stereo Electric Mistress:
    I'm not a flanger guy, but if I was this would be in contention. I actually liked it a lot better than the Boss BF-2 that everyone else seems to love.

3. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    The Boss PS 3 [cool weird sounds from what I remember] and the GEB 7 [I used this mostly to deal with a crappy Barcus Berry upright pickup] are on a very small list of boss pedals I actually like. As for the others, I haven't tried them.

4. jugoziithouu

jugoziithouu

Jun 15, 2008
    That is exactly what i want.

I have my opinion and i know its good for what i want it but i like to have the BIG BIG picture.

I also read all harmony central :p

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Ok, my personal take on those, I don't really like any of them. I've used alot of Boss pedals along the way, but have moved away from them, mostly, (still have my TU-2). As for the Mistress, interesting pedal, and there's really nothing like it, but I had 2 of them, and problems with both, so no go. (first one arrived broken, 2nd one developed a weird noise, and would intermitently cut out). Surf around the effects forum, you'll find many "better" alternatives, sound-wise. Not that there's anything wrong with Boss pedals, they're built to last, but kinda generic sounding to me.

6. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    PS-3 -wicked pedal. works best without od/fuzz on IMO to be able to hear the sounds it can make. i use it in a few of my band's songs.

graphic eq - if your regular tone sucks and needs a tweak, it's cheaper than buying a rack unit. our g****r player used to use this to achieve a tele/single coil effect, then upgraded to an EHX Knockout...

7. only one ive used- which i currently use is the ps-3. as others have said- its a very interesting pedal- great for ambient- trippy sounds. the dual pitch-shifting modes are fun to play with. the delay is nothing special- but adequate. overall- great buy- and i intend to hold onto it.

8. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Awesome
    Sucks
    Sucks
    Awesome

9. rhcp32291

rhcp32291

Aug 19, 2007
    Long Island
    well put

10. jugoziithouu

jugoziithouu

Jun 15, 2008
    Hmm i'd go for an mxr auto q instead of the boss aw 3 but i just dont find it >.<

Instead of buying the AW 3 and GEB 7 ill buy a cybaby :cool:

thanks alot! :D

11. i love the ps-3 delays its really warm sounding and keeps going after you turn it off ;p