1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Opinions on this Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by homercaholic, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Im relativly (check that, extremely) new to amps and cabs and im looking to get my first one. Right now I have a dinky practice combo i got with a kit and needless to say it sucks, so now im looking through the used markets to upgrade. I found this add on kijiji and was wondering what everyones opinion was on this htarke cab.

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...ts-hartke-115xl-bass-cabnet-W0QQAdIdZ21642442

ive read most of the stickies at the top so I sort of have a knowledge of what im getting into but im not claiming to know anything right now. So what does everyone here think?

2. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
  3. Well it appears pretty new but I just found it on the site a few minutes ago. Since they retail for his asking price (ignoring exchange rate since they are pretty close now) what would you say a reasonable price for a fairly new one would be like this?

4. IMHO GOOD cabs but as shown above PRICE??????????
    as it's an 8 ohm cab you;ll be able to add another 8 ohm cab-like a 4x10" or 2x10" later for BIG sound!!!! ;-)

5. m.oreilly

m.oreilly

Jul 5, 2006
    Ukiah, CA
    i'm not familiar w/ hartke gear. though used, and being a speaker, i would expect a lower price from the seller, in general. have you looked at any other brands? what types of music do you play?

6. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    I think the price is too high, plus I doubt this cab will sound good as a stand alone, or with anything else than Hartke XL series cabs.

I have used, and still own Hartke gear, and it is good gear. I just think the asking price is high, especially considering the rather low prices of new Hartke gear, and I have seen quite a few good deals in Canada from the canadian distributor for new stuff.

7. jimmywayne1

jimmywayne1

Aug 26, 2007
    im a big hartke fan but this is an overpriced cab brand new there only about 400 bucks for the 15 in cab