1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinions on this synth sound?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Charm Bracelet, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Charm Bracelet

Charm Bracelet

Apr 29, 2007
    I came up with this synth patch on an old effect unit (that will not be named to protect impartiality), and can't decide whether it's good or not. The octave down really shakes the room, but it also sounds like a successful brown note.

Here's a clip recorded direct with a bit of rhodes and drums thrown in:

http://www.zshare.net/download/310722034e213b/ (the file size is under 1mb).

2. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    Nice try!!!
    Like now we're all going to go off and listen to this "brown note" with our Sennheisers.
    Ya almost got me. Almost....

3. Don't worry, it's safe ;) I tried it.

Sounds ok, I don't like the brown note sound of it though.

4. Charm Bracelet

Charm Bracelet

Apr 29, 2007
    Does it sound too fart-like?

Would it annoy audience members?

5. Too fart like for me...

I'm not sure how it would sound in a mix though, test it out at your next rehersal or something :).

6. I like the sound, absolutely a keeper IMO, but I like weird sounds. The trick is finding the right setting. .

7. sonicvi

sonicvi

Jun 10, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I think the filter cutoff could probably use some tweaking to smooth out the sweep some. Other than that I like. I reminds me of Maroon 5.

8. for some odd reason the first word that came to mind was "squishy"

:)

not bad, although for that tempo of playing, I am not sure I would have set a slow attack rate...otherwise its cool :)

9. Charm Bracelet

Charm Bracelet

Apr 29, 2007
    Hey those aren't bad ideas. Perhaps it would sound better with a faster attack to reduce the burpyness.

10. Beachcoma

Beachcoma

Mar 19, 2007
    Utrecht
    Srry, didn't like it... needs a wee touch of TS808 going in...

Peace