Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on Trace Elliot T Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fulltonezz, Dec 11, 2000.

1. Fulltonezz

Fulltonezz

Dec 11, 2000
    Hi guys I've been offered one of these for a trade, but I can't find any info for them on the internet. What kind of quality and value do these carry? Thanks!

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    These seem fairly rare in the US and sport a couple of variations on the traditional J-bass design, notably the "3D" headstock with angled tuners and a dummy humcanceling pickup underneath the pickguard. I suspect their production was cut short by Gibson's acquisition of TE. I recall seeing some T-basses in exc+ on ebay with reserves around $1000, but they didn't seem to have any bidders. $600 would be a fair price to me, but I'm no expert. BTW, what are you trading?

3. Fulltonezz

Fulltonezz

Dec 11, 2000
    Hi Christopher, I'm trading a 72 Super Reverb. It's worth about $600.00.....that's kind of what I thought the bass was worth also. Thanks!

4. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    Anyone ahve pics of the trace elliot basses? are they greenish color like their logo? :) I LOVE trace Elliot for their amp/cabs. Since I use their 7210H Combo amp and getting their 1048(4x10) and 1518(1x15) cabs

DM

5. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    They came in various colours as mentioned they are a J type. If its of any interest they were made for TE by Status, I think.

6. Fulltonezz,
    Have posted an offer of a Bassist mag. review to you on the other site.

7. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I only saw green trace eliot basses. maybe they did them in other color, but i nerver saw anything but green. They where made by status on a limited production only. I think they made 1000 of them, I'm not 100% about that though.

8. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I had heard the same thing.