1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Opinions on Tradition bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tyro, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Tyro

Tyro

Oct 4, 2002
    Asheville, NC
    Does anyone know anything about this company? I had never heard of it before, but I saw one today in a local music store, a solid ash body in natural finish; it looked good; it felt good; but being a tyro, of course, I have no idea if it plays well. I'm curious if it would make a good first bass, or is it an off-brand piece of junk that I should dismiss without a second thought?

2. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    I tried a pearl white 4 string their most bottom line i think

from what i know:

It's Lite. REALLY FREAKING LITE. it's sound i can't comment on. i had to play it through a guitar amp.
    the store is a closet and didn't have a bass amp for demos. the sound even from that seemed ok, but again i didn't get all of it through the amp i was using. i don't remember much noice from the electronics. it was sold for $189 US. not a bad buy

the instrument is made over seas in indonesia (not sure if the spelling) the body is basswood (not plywood) hard maple neck, rose wood fretboard.

p and j pups. two volume one tone like on a jazz bass.

for what the man is asking here for them i can't say you are getting gipped, but then you aren't by me so i can't say that about you.

as a first bass you could do a hell of a lot worse i can say that for sure. you could also do better as well. depending on what you want of course.

i am strongly tempted, but i want to know what someone of more exprerience has to say about them before i go out and slam my money down on the counter.