Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on Tradition bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tyro, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Tyro

Tyro

Oct 4, 2002
    Asheville, NC
    Does anyone know anything about this company? I had never heard of it before, but I saw one today in a local music store, a solid ash body in natural finish; it looked good; it felt good; but being a tyro, of course, I have no idea if it plays well. I'm curious if it would make a good first bass, or is it an off-brand piece of junk that I should dismiss without a second thought?

2. haplo07

haplo07 Guest

Apr 13, 2002
    Tinley Park, IL
    I tried a pearl white 4 string their most bottom line i think

from what i know:

It's Lite. REALLY FREAKING LITE. it's sound i can't comment on. i had to play it through a guitar amp.
    the store is a closet and didn't have a bass amp for demos. the sound even from that seemed ok, but again i didn't get all of it through the amp i was using. i don't remember much noice from the electronics. it was sold for $189 US. not a bad buy

the instrument is made over seas in indonesia (not sure if the spelling) the body is basswood (not plywood) hard maple neck, rose wood fretboard.

p and j pups. two volume one tone like on a jazz bass.

for what the man is asking here for them i can't say you are getting gipped, but then you aren't by me so i can't say that about you.

as a first bass you could do a hell of a lot worse i can say that for sure. you could also do better as well. depending on what you want of course.

i am strongly tempted, but i want to know what someone of more exprerience has to say about them before i go out and slam my money down on the counter.