1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinions on VELVET strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by Infidelic83, Jan 2, 2013.

1. During my search for proper gut strings for a recording session, I came across VELVET strings from Switzerland. I researched them a bit, and was hoping to get some opinions as to their control and playability from anyone who is familiar with them... http://www.uptonbass.com/anima-double-bass-velvet-upright-bass-strings/
    The recording session will be an old school one with no headphones, one microphone, onto a reel-to-reel. So the quality of my strings and bass needs to be powerful, yet well controlled. If anyone has a suggestion on a different brand or type, I would love to hear it! Thank you

2. donn

donn

Mar 28, 2011
    Seattle
    The first 53 pages of Velvet Megathread. The earliest posts are from 12 or 13 years ago, so unless you're interested in a full historical perspective it would make sense to skim that one and maybe some of the next set of pages. We're now quite a few pages into Velvet Megathread III.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021