Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions on Warmoth

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by =^..^=, Apr 13, 2001.

1. =^..^=

=^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    I fancy something unusual and different - anyone hear pick and mixed themselves a Warmoth ? I kinda fancy picking all the bitz myself, getting them to finish it and having an instrument thats unique and unlikely to be repeated.

So anyone got one and what are your opinions ?

Thanks in advance guys.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I have a bass made out of Warmoth parts and I love it. I think the greatest concern you should have is not how good the parts are, but how well they're put together.

If you choose good parts and good components, you're more than likely gonna wind up with a good instrument.

Will C.:cool:

3. My Warmoth is my main bass and it's one of the best looking and sounding basses I've played. Many thumbs up for Warmoth.

4. I always check out that thrift store page, that alder tele body sure looks nice, wish i had money

5. Jazzbassman23

Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Maryland
    The problem with Warmoth isn't the quality of the parts, it's the fact that you don't know how it's going to sound until it's put together. I have one, and while I really like it, it's not exactly the sound I was after.

6. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    my friend and guitar player jerry just got a warmoth neck for his strat. wenge with macassar ebony fingerboard, 3+3 headstock with 15* angle. the fretwork is better than my warwicks! it's BEAUTIFUL.

jason