1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Opinions on wireless

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by chokeslam512, Mar 23, 2009.

1. I am looking into getting a Carvin U7000 UHF wireless. I am trading one of my bass cabs for it as I have no wireless and I am starting to play out a lot more often. Any of you have one? Maybe you can recommend a better one?

2. pbass62

pbass62

Sep 24, 2007
    Concord NC
    X2 you wont look back. Type in thread search on these systems

3. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    X2. End of thread. Nothing compares to it.

4. I have a Sennheiser wireless system that works very well. I got it at Musician's Friend. I don't use it all the time but when I do it is nice to have the freedom to move around. It's nice at a gig to go off stage and be able to check the sound while I'm playing.

5. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    This is a question, not me stating a fact...

Do wireless units have a tendency to hurt tone?

6. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    +1 on the X2. Any of the 3 models would be great.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    They can. Most use a compander circuit with varying degrees of quality. Some make the bass sound squashed, some are a little noisy, some work well. I believe the X2 doesn't use a compander. It's not totally perfect (eats batteries, has minor line of sight issues) but it's the best sounding wireless I've used.

8. D-Tuner1

D-Tuner1

Mar 26, 2009
    I use a Sennheiser EW-172-G2. The guy @ the music store told me I could buy it, take it home to test and if I don't like it, return it and get my money back. The first thing I did was plug my bass as usual with a cable, to check how it sounds. Then I took the wireless system and pluged it, not really noticing ANY difference. So I can very well recommend it, since it's not just a great device, but also not an increadibly expencive one.