opinions please: favorite band web sites?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by deepbob, Oct 4, 2004.

1. deepbob

Oct 3, 2001
    left field
    not your favorite band, but your favorite web sites *for* bands. i'm looking for "professional" opinions (if you're reading this, you qualify), especially those who have some relatively recent experience with effective promotional sites.

if your group or one you work with/for has recently seen a success or two in relation to a revised/new web site which can be described all the better (ie, "we recently published a new site and added 50k emails to our contact database").

however, assuming most of you aren't in that position, i'm curious what kinds of sites really take your fancy - and if you can describe what about them specifically turn you on?

just want to hear any and all opinions attached to explanations of why exactly things turn you on - from any perspective other than purely because you like the act itself.

i'm going to be designing a web site for an up and coming latin/funk group and want to really take them to the next level, and while i have my own ideas/experiences, they are not rooted in the music world.

much thanks for taking the time, bear in mind others here can probably benefit from hearing your opinions/experiences so please chime in if you have them....