Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions Please: Using Eden 1-15XLT with 2-10XLT?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gfab333, Jul 8, 2001.

1. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Please share your comments...

I'm interested in running a 1-15XLT with a 2-10XLT. I'd run them with a GK 1001rb, both cabs at 8 ohms each. The 15" cab is rated at 400w with sensitivity at 100db; the 10"s are rated at 350w and 104db. I noticed that there's a slight difference in wattage rating and sensitivity.

Will this adversely affect using the two cabs together?

Since the 15 cab isn't as efficient (power-wise) and has a lower sensitivity than the 10s, will the 15 cab run at a lower volume?

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Plug them in and roll with it. It'll work fine...especially full range.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I use a D-210XLT and a D-115XL (no tweeter) under an Eden WT-300. Bitchen. Do your thing. You'll love it. I'm with Brad on this one.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Should be a butt kickin' rig. Do it. Don't worry.

5. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    The good news is you have a great sounding rig. The Eden 115 and 210 are terrific together.The bad news is that you won't be able to blame your shortcomings on amplification.

6. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Thanks for all your comments.

Putting this up top one more time. Just to see if I can get few more responses.

7. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Don't worry about it ahead of time. That's a pretty good match. Plug it in and then EQ if you need to hear a little more of this or that. It's really far too easy to get too hung up in all this number stuff.

BTW, the wattage rating of the cab is *not* its efficiency. It just denotes how much power the amp is supposed to be able to take reliably. It has nothing to do with output. The sensitivity rating, on the other hand, does have to do with efficiency. But a 4 dB difference is not that huge, and since it seems that you're running full range, you should get pretty decent coverage across the tone spectrum.

8. mikemulcahy

mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Plug it in. The grip it and rip it. Good set up.

Mike

9. JimM

JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    I've said this before,but just for you...

when I go to the state fair,I always compare the various bass amps people have.By far,the best sounding,clearest rig is the Eden 2x10 over a 1x15.(even if it is in a country band)