1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

opinions SWR or G-K

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Plantman, Jun 22, 2002.

1. Plantman

Plantman

Feb 5, 2001
    buying new equpt. trying to decide between SWR workingmans 4004 with 4x10t and 1x15t or a G-K 700RB or 1001RB with 410RBS and 115RBS. all sound great making it harder to decide. I play mostly fingerstyle. not much slap. all opinions and expericences welcome.thanks:confused:

2. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I've been using a 1001rb for about three years now. It's a great amp. Rather than repeat the text contained in many previous posts, may I suggest that you do a search of the forum for each amp. You'll find a wealth of info on GKs.

I have tried the 700rb a few times, and I'm going to recommend that you spend the extra bucks for the 1001rb, if you go that route. It's only a few dollars more, and it's worth it to have the extra watts and headroom. they sound pretty much the same.

The 4004 is relatively new, and I haven't tried one yet.

3. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I've played all the amps mentioned and prefer the GK over the SWR. The 4004 is a good amp but I just like the sound of the GK's better. If you can swing it, get the 1001RB.

4. Ditto.

Ronzo