Opinions wanted on Rockbass Streamer 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Pengwan, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Hey All,

The local store here is having a HUGE sale, with some killer specials. I was flicking through the catalogue, and i noticed that they have Rockbass Streamers on sale for A$499 for the 4-string (down from A$999) and A$549 for the 5-string (which is down from A$1099).

At the moment im playing a MIM Fender Jazz, and was thinking bout getting the 5 string streamer for my first 5'er. Do you guys reckon that this would be a good idea? For the price anyway...

Thanks guys,

2. Any opinions would be great! I gotta find out if the bass is worth it or not... :)

"A little help.." :D

PS - This is my first 5'er, so do you guys reckon the string spacing would be too tight???
  3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    The rock basses are very nice basses...the corvettes are alot nicer than the streamers...just play before you buy
    or you could always return it

4. Thanks dude,

I think im gonna go check them out this afternoon, but im just worried about making the transision(sp?) ftom 4 string to 5 string. I've heard that most Warwicks have quite tight string spacing, but i could be wrong.

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    it really isn't that hard at all. just use it everyonce and awhile..not all the time..
    go over songe you know..and rework them for the 5 string bass..

6. safebuster

Sep 5, 2000
    NY, NY
    I had a Rockbass Corvette 5 and I loved it it had great tone and the string spacing was narrow tight low B it was a very easy bass to play of course at the time it was a bit of a pariah and I dont think those high prices are accurate .. if so i sold mine far to cheap! ;) and as far as the transition to a 5 stick with it! it's a little confusing at first but as Steve-o said practice songs you know and adapt I have a hard time playing 4's now, IMHO there is nothing like when you hit the D on the B string the floor shakes! and having the upper registers of the E string makes moving around alot easier
  7. Yeh, i went and played the Streamers and Corvettes, made my mind up on either a 4 or 5 string Corvette... just have to rustle up the funds before saturday.

Yeh, those prices may seem as hough they are expensive, but they are all in Australian Dollars, so that would prolly be why..:D :meh:

8. Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    have to agree. the corvettes are way better... i just cant get my head around that 'strat' style jack on the streamers (UGLY!!!).