Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions wanted: POD / Johnson or Korg Pandora

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Harry, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Harry

Harry

Dec 12, 2000
    So I've been considering getting one of those fun "all in one" recording units, and it seems there's really three: the Line6 Bass Pod, the Johnson Guitar Station and the Korg Pandora's box.

Has anyone seen all three and have any thoughts? If you bought one of them, are you happy / unhappy - and tell me why for?

thanks

2. If you change the words "Korg Pandora 3B" to "Line6 Bass POD" that's my response.....
    I would like to try the others though, I don't discriminate.....

3. It is larger but it has a really funky shape, and it can be used with a line6 floorboard

4. I'm with christos as I have a BassPOD and am quite pleased with the amp and cab models, the fx are so-so but are fine in a pinch. I have started using a little reverb after the amp output for a bit more 'air' but that's me. I haven't tried the others & probably won't.

5. Well, I've had my Bass POD for several months now and am still quite pleased with the purchase. I bought the Floor-board as well; I use the floor-board when I'm practicing with the rest of the band (it's easier to toggle between settings), and the POD controls when I'm practicing at home (with headphones, on the couch). When I bought the POD I was going to trade up to a POD Pro when it came out, but I'm finding the non-rack form of the POD too convenient. All in good time...

The two advantages I see with a Pandora are the small size and the drum machine. Haven't tried one though, so I can't comment on the quality of sound relative to the POD.

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Anyone tried the rackmount version yet?