Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions wanted - Sadowsky

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dan Knowlton, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

I'm thinking about getting a Sadowsky but am not sure which one I would want. The only one I've played was the one that was at Bass Alone for a while - a lefty. Nice neck and great tone but I play righty. I really don't want to order one and not like it.

I'm leaning toward a JJ 5 but wonder about the PJ. Most of what I do is in churches - wide range of traditional to gospel/funk and I'm ok on the non-jazz end (Ken Lawrence Brase 5, MTD 535, Lakland 55-94) but am wanting to add in another sound.

What are your thoughts - JJ .... PJ.... single coils????

Dan K.

2. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder
    If you don't need a fancy top....I highly recommend the Metro line.

I have 2 Metro's (RS4 & RV4) and I love them both.

For the money you can't beat the workmanship and sound you will get out of these basses.

My vote is for a nice RS5 or MS5, which ever combo you prefer better, both have JJ pickups. It will sit very nicely in the mix with any situation.

You won't regret it!

Rob

3. Shri

Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    Hi,

I'm also hesitating between a PJ and JJ and i'm not sure about the difference in sound. Maybe more punchy for the PJ usually. I'll also get a metro because as i just need a normal configuration, no exotic wood or else. i tried a RV4 yesterday and i was very impressed. I have to try a PJ now, and an MV4 just to know which one i will take.

4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

I have two NYC's and a metro. If you are cool with regular tops and hardward, the metro should suit you just fine. I'm a jj guy but I've owned a pj4 and honestly wish I still had it!! Totally cool bass. Metros arent available in pj, though. Good luck

Rob