Opinions-washburn rb2502 5 string.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by I play metal, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Hey'a crew.If I could just get your opinion on this bass.If any one has one please let me know how she sounds,plays ,etc.Here ya are.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2509779055&category=4713e -

Sorry just highlight the address and copy and paste it.
    I was thinkin of gettin a used dp custom-but it was an early one and as most know-early dp custom ussually=nooo.But I cant say that if I've never even played one.Thanks a million-you all rock.

2. Mathias_TfG

Apr 28, 2002
    New York
    I got mine about a year ago, and personally, I love it. Paid around $650 for it new. If you like Washburn, then go for it.
  3. I just bought one in Thailand about 2 months ago for half of what it costs in Australia!
    if your a metal player you may be used to plucking the string pretty hard, the strings are pretty closed together, so you MAY have trouble with hitting other strings i had to change my style when i played it so i could play it more accurately(smaller softer plucks), this also because i was changing from a 4-string to a 5. HOWEVER if you are used to strings like that, it's a fantastic bass. It has a nice tone, the left hand action is sweet, its smooth and the strings are nice and low, on a down side mine makes huge buzzing sounds if you play it too close to close to the amp with front pickup on full(that is probebly just mine though!) it might differ from bass to bass but the B-string on mine didn't play so well if your playing it hard, but if you play it softer its alright. It stays in tune all the time! it sounds good slapping and also sounds great with a pick. its a well built bass. i like mine. i like the pick guard too it stops me digging at the wood when i slap!

hope this was long enough for you!

any questions just post.
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Duplicate posts merged...