Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Opinions; Which One?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ohmslaw, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Ohmslaw

Ohmslaw

Aug 24, 2005
    Carvin B1500 or Kustom Groovebass 1200?

2. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    The Kustom sounds nice, but I'm sure the Carvin does too. The only thing that scares my about the Kustom is the one in my local store is already losing the graphics on the faceplate; if they all go away, then you'd better have all those knobs memorized!

3. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I haven't played both, but I have the B1500, and I believe it's very good. It appears to be pretty well built too. But as you'll see, several folks here have also had very good experiences with the Kustom.

I don't think you'll go far wrong with either one.

The B1500 has more max power at 2 ohms, but you would likely not hear that as a huge difference. One drawback to the B1500 is that you can't try it before you buy, unless you live in SoCal. Carvin does have a 10 day trial, but you would still have to pay shipping. Then again, if you buy the Kustom in a store, you *might*, depending on the store, be subject to a restocking fee and thus still might be out some $$.

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    If I was buying in that price range, I'd save up just a few more dollars, and buy a GK1001RBII.