1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Opinions - Would you do a custom inlay?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by curt basner, Jan 16, 2012.

1. curt basner

curt basner

May 11, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hi all,

Just a question for all my Fodera friends. I saw an older bass on the newborns page, and it had what looked like a name inlaid on the back of it. I asked Jason to price out putting an inlay on the back of my forthcoming bass. I was thinking it would be really cool to put my wife's name on the back of it, kind of like naming a boat LOL I really would like to do it, just because, but wondering what any of you think of the idea.

I have a long time to go before I really need to finalize any decision (a good 12 months before production begins)...but any comments will help me decide if I really want to do it...or not!

2. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Never.

3. Kobaia

Kobaia

Oct 29, 2005
    Denton TX
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amp Gruv Gear and Mono Cases
    I might do one on the ramp. at least the ramp is removable

4. J.Nuno

J.Nuno

Aug 8, 2010
    Portugal
    I'd do custom inlays for sure, but I'm not sure I'd do a name. Still, I don't see why you shouldn't.
    Just think that people make those kind of custom "inlays" (read tattoos) all the time on their bodies, why not on an instrument.

I say go for it!