Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by payback25, Dec 18, 2005.

1. payback25

Oct 16, 2005
    ive been really busy as of late and havent been able to make it to guitar center until today. been slacking on my playing also cuz of work but thats another story :scowl: ....anyways i went today and played the Ibanez BTB405 and almost walked out of the store with it. If it wouldnt of been for christmas id of bought it. I also played the schecter elite 5. I really liked both and cant really make my mind up so i was looking for opinions. I almos bought a 100W ampeg amp today also...damn christman.... :bassist:
  2. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I say go for the 100W Ampeg. Ive heard a few good things about both of those basses, but I havent ever heard a complaint about an Ampeg.
    What did you like about those basses, btw? Neither of them ever struck my fancy (save for the aesthetic apeal of Schecters... but then again there are some Carlo Robellis that look good, too).
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sam's right, a good amp will do much more for your tone than another mid-level bass IMO. What did you like about these particular basses? There's likely a few other basses out there, probably some better for the price that have the features you desire.
  4. payback25

Oct 16, 2005
    i really liked the feel of the bass....the neck seemed to fit me and was pretty comfortable. The ampeg amp was awsome and sounded great. What other basses should i check out? Im looking for a decent 5 string. Right now i have a ibanez sr400 and its not to bad. i was at guitar center checking out diffrent basses and did not really like any of the fenders...to me they seem to have thick necks and i dont like the feel. Im looking in the range of 500-700 to spend. Anything else i should try?