Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oppenheim Tunes

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by bigfish, Feb 10, 2006.

1. bigfish

bigfish

Feb 10, 2006
    Swiss
    hello together

i have the book of tony oppenheim but i lost the vinyl-examples ..
    need some help to find these sound-files
    somebody told me that tony is also member on this site.. ?

thanxx much
    greezz from switzerland
    bigfish

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  3. I could host all the sound files but I don't know if Tony would like that, if you talk to him and he agrees I will host them.

4. Tony Oppenheim

Tony Oppenheim

Nov 17, 2005
    Author, Slap It! Funk Studies for the Electric Bass
    Josh,

It's nice of you to offer to help out, but my publisher would not look kindly on the files being posted online.

Hey, I had to get permission to post the three samples I have on my web site, and it's my book!

Lol!

Slap It! is a currently shipping product. It's not like it's out of print.

In fact, bigfish can order just the CD if he wants from my publisher (www.presser.com) or from a number of online retailers. I think SheetMusicPlus.com stocks both the book with the CD, and the CD by itself. Just be sure to ask if they're sending you the latest CD with 99 tracks.

I only sell the book and cd combo on my site, www.slapit.com.

One bonus of ordering the new CD is that it now has an extra 28 examples on it as compared with the previous CD, and I think maybe 34 or 35 more examples then were on the vinyl records. So it's not like he'd be just buying the same thing he had before, there is extra added value on the new CD.

I'd suggeset that BigFish might want to purchase a new CD. If he's interested in TAB then he should get the whole new package.

Cheers!

Tony