Oppinions on buying second bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Jan 22, 2005.

1. I've been playing for 5-6 years on a 200 dolllar (canadian) Vantage bass. I just sold it to get a Washburn Taurus T-24 new for 625 (canadian) and have about 700 bucks to spend. I like the washburn and how it feels and plays, but people have been telling me their quality control and overall quality has gone down really low. Another thing was I could feel the frets overlapping the fretboard on my fretting hand, not a big deal I thought but maybe it is?

The only other basses that sorta tickled my fancy were a spector 4 with a quilted maple top for 1000, and a geddy lee for 1000, but there's another 300 dollars I would have to get for either (I dont work and cant make money easily, and my family is poor haha). It's bassically a toss up between the washburn and spector. and I could really use the other 300 for other stuff, like another cab for my amp so I can get more wattage. I think the washburn would tide me over for a year or two (maybe more) until I get something really nice, but what is your oppinion? I did a search through this forum to see other options in my price range, but found nothing other than the geddy lee.
  2. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I haven't played any of those except Spector.. mmm.. I have loved every single Spector I've played. And I know you don't have to worry about quality control there. :)
  3. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Buy used. TB has some great deals.
  4. Good idea, I'll take a gander! (I also found zilch on ebay)

EDIT: Boo to everything on here being like 6 million dollars or not what I'm looking for.