1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)
  2. The purpose of this forum is to solicit input on newsletter content.  Paul L. from Threadloom (threadloom_paul) is testing algorithms that will select threads to feature as "popular" in upcoming weekly emails.  He has access to this forum and will be posting here shortly.  Thanks! - Paul D.

Oppinions on buying second bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stanley Design, Jan 22, 2005.

1. I've been playing for 5-6 years on a 200 dolllar (canadian) Vantage bass. I just sold it to get a Washburn Taurus T-24 new for 625 (canadian) and have about 700 bucks to spend. I like the washburn and how it feels and plays, but people have been telling me their quality control and overall quality has gone down really low. Another thing was I could feel the frets overlapping the fretboard on my fretting hand, not a big deal I thought but maybe it is?

The only other basses that sorta tickled my fancy were a spector 4 with a quilted maple top for 1000, and a geddy lee for 1000, but there's another 300 dollars I would have to get for either (I dont work and cant make money easily, and my family is poor haha). It's bassically a toss up between the washburn and spector. and I could really use the other 300 for other stuff, like another cab for my amp so I can get more wattage. I think the washburn would tide me over for a year or two (maybe more) until I get something really nice, but what is your oppinion? I did a search through this forum to see other options in my price range, but found nothing other than the geddy lee.

2. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    I haven't played any of those except Spector.. mmm.. I have loved every single Spector I've played. And I know you don't have to worry about quality control there. :)

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Buy used. TB has some great deals.

4. Good idea, I'll take a gander! (I also found zilch on ebay)

EDIT: Boo to everything on here being like 6 million dollars or not what I'm looking for.