Opportunity for an inexpensive bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChaosGwar, Feb 6, 2002.

1. I found a Washburn XB-100 for $60 on Yahoo Auctions. Click here to see it.
    My question is "Is it worth it?" It'll come to $80 after shipping. Has anyone ever played one?
    One of the reasons I'm thinking about buying this is to strip it for parts.
  2. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I cant really see anything on it that is worth stripping off!!!! I wouldnt pay $80 for it but thats just me!!!
  3. lesfleanut

lesfleanut Guest

Sep 25, 2001
    Syracuse N.Y.
    i would buy it just for that cool sticker:rolleyes: :D
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I've heard this bass played before.. it sounded somewhat terrible... but The person playing wasn't very good.... could have been him... but It just doesn't look like its worth $80
  5. I've never heard one before, so that's why I was asking. lesfleasnut, I can get you one of those stickers, and I'll only charge you $20! What a deal! :D

Seriously though, thanks for the input guys. I've seen some people sell some really nice basses for really cheap. I guess they just don't know what they have. Like the guy selling a Warwick Thumb 5 string bolt on for $500. Looked like it was in perfect condition, too. Too bad I didn't have $500 at the time. :(
  6. I actually like the Washburn 100 series, the 120's and the 125's are better sounding, but $80, you can't beat that with a stick.
  7. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    a guy sold a warwick thumb for $500.. dang.. i would have bought that in a second.. crap...
  8. bassics

Nov 27, 2000
    Newark, Ohio
    I have played the XB-100 before, I thought the sound reminded me of almost every low priced Samick I have ever played, in other words CRAP!
    but that's just my opinion!;)