1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Optima Gold Unique sets- Are they any good?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by UsernameBS, Nov 12, 2018.

1. UsernameBS

UsernameBS

May 30, 2018
    I've been thinking of trying out a new brand of strings, and recently one of my favourite bands guitarists was endorsed by Optima. I'd never heard of them before, and so when I saw they were made of gold, i had to go give them a look, and discovered they also made a pretty decent selection of bass strings! I'd definitely like to give em try, but they're a fair bit more expensive than the Daddarios I normally buy, so I'd like to get the opinions and experiences of any TB'ers who've come into contact with Optima strings.

2. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Canada, eh!
    Optima make very high quality strings. They're quite rare in North America however. I have played their flatwound bass strings, the "Chrome" set and they're great. I have also played pure nickel "Jazz" guitar rounds. I have never tried their famous 24K gold strings.