Optimal effects chain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bearhart74, Feb 8, 2018.

1. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    I currently have
    Bass>Tuner>Durham SexDrive>Subdecay Quasar DLX>Mr Black FwonkBeta>TC Electronics Sub N Up>Amp
    everything works great thru the signal chain until i switch on either the MR black or tc pedals.
    When either of those is engaged I hear an significant increase in volume level.
    Their is no blend or level controls on either pedal they are either on or off.
    I am thinking of adding a Boss LS-2 right before the Mr Black and having the mr black and TC pedals on their own loop so i can use the boss as level control.
    Only other options i see are:
    • buying different octave and envelope pedals that have level/blend controls
    • paying someone to mod the mr black and tc pedals.
    Any other solutions that i am missing?

Leia said it best when she said " Help me Obiwan. Your my only hope."

2. 2010P

2010P Inactive

May 13, 2017
    I was gonna suggest throwing it in a true bypass looper (loop master makes single ones) with a compressor to level out the volume, but your LS-2 solution is basically the same thing.

3. Iamgoodformetal

Iamgoodformetal

Apr 13, 2014
    I would sell those and buy different pedals. No reason to start complicating a simple board. Also, better to recoup some of what you paid for them than pay even more for an unusual mod, always a risk. Personally, I recommend the MXR Bass Envelope Filter. Not much experience with octaves.

4. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    Wellington, NZ
    My understanding of an optimal effects chain according to the Boss website. Tuner -> Octave Divider-> Compression -> Distortion -> Preamplifier -> EQ -> Delay -> Reverb.

You could insert an LS 2 where the Distortion effect is. Put the Distortion in the 1st channel, and the Octave Divider in the 2nd channel.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018