Optimizing my Rig...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TDbassist, Nov 16, 2004.

1. TDbassist

Sep 8, 2004
    Ok first off here's the specs:

Spector Performance Series 4-String :bassist:

Audiotechnica UHF wireless system

Peavey Mark IV 400 watt head
    Gallien-Kruger 4x10 400 watt cabinet

Digitech Bass Compressor
    Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive
    Boss (not sure of modle #) Bass Chorus
    DOD envelope filter (dont think this one's made for bass but its still cool!) :hyper:

Im not a newbie at the bass but i am pretty new to the proper use of effects. :confused: the guitar straight to the amp sound terrific but im concerned that the effects loop might cut some tone.

If any one has some tips about pedal arrangement (order they're placed in), pedal settings, amp settings (or use of the effects loop feature), or just any personal comments let me know. Later

PS: if this helps i want a heavy bass tone (ex. Sevendust, System of a down, Pantera, etc...)
  2. I'd say:

DOD Filter

Peavey Mark IV

You don't really have to put any of those effects in the loop, they're all designed to work fine before the amp input.

As far as settings to get a certain tone, you've got a lot of tweaking to do. My suggestion is to start by plugging everything in (wireless and pedals) and get your ideal clean bass tone. You'll find that even with a few pedals and a wireless, you'll have to eq in some frequencies. Once you have a clean tone you're happy with, then go through each pedal one-by-one, getting satisfied with each.