1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Options for a new head/cab - METAL!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fong249, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Fong249

Fong249

May 25, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Hey yall. I'm getting kinda fed up with my tone on my B2R. I currently have it paired with a SVT410HLF. I finally have some spare cash on hand and was looking at a few heads. I cannot try out all of them, but i can give a decent look at a few of them. I would love some of your input.

1. Thunderfunk 550. I've heard they are almost the Be-All- End-all of awesome amplifiers. I play metal, but also some jazz and funk. Price point is right on aswell.

2. GK 1001RB - I've heard little about this amp but what i have heard was all positive

3. GK2001RB - a few artists i listen to use the GK 2001RB, and i dig their tone. I assume that i too could find osme good uses for this.

4. Ampeg SVT3 Pro - decent pricepoint, ampeg, so i know its somewhat reliable (i've had no problems with mine).

In terms of cabs, I'm thinking of adding a 1x15 to the stack.

2. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    You could look into Genz Benz too.

3. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 29, 2006
    Maryland
    President, CEO, CFO, CIO, Chief Engineer, Technician, Janitor - Reiner Amplification
    i'd go with the 1001rb and a mesa 15.

JR

4. bassjamn

bassjamn

Jan 4, 2002
    San Francisco
    For metal, I would look into schroeders. I use a 1210+1212 sound great.

5. Zakk007

Zakk007

Jun 27, 2006
    Ashdown man

6. Whatever u get please do not buy the SVT3 :D... it really sucked with our sound. I now currently have Ashdown amp and cabs.