Options for Building

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by noveltea93, May 26, 2018.

1. noveltea93

noveltea93

Feb 5, 2018
    Looking to build a bass from some parts I have around from various projects. Mostly need a body that fits Fender/Squier necks. Where are some good places to look for decent bodies on a budget? I know Warmoth is mentioned frequently. Are there any less expensive options that are worth a darn?

2. If you're just doing this for the fun of it, it's worth getting a cheapy fender copy and harvesting it for any parts you don't have already.

Fleabay, Craigslist etc. are great places to find a deal. I'd steer clear of buying cheap secondhand bodies from places like this - 'parts body, ideal for project!' and the like have often previously been ruined by a DIYer, holes drilled in bad places etc. making it unusable. A complete, cheapo, bass however can be a great resource for a first build project.

3. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I've bought several bodies off ebay that claimed to be cut to Fender specs and were not. Both times the pockets were much smaller than required for both neck and pickups. That said, if you want the simplest way to go, watch ebay and the other usual outlets for MIM and Squire bodies as there are plenty of them to be had for not a lot of money and they will work with no problem.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021