1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Oral History Clip: Racial Content Warning

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    This pretty neat since it was made by the late John Hope Franklin, a man who would go on to literally write the book on African American history since his textbook would end up being the biggest selling African American history textbook of all time, From Slavery to Freedom. For what it is worth, I was one of the reviewers of the most recent addition. I helped make some changes in the African history section, and I am listed in the credits.

http://www.theroot.com/multimedia/oral-history-john-hope-franklin-growing-1920s

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I thought this was going to be a thread about Linda Lovelace. What a misleading title.

3. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    For what's it's worth, Lindsay Lohan lost her role as Linda Lovelace in an upcoming movie.

4. LOL!

ROFL!!!!! I would have paid double the ticket price to see that!

Only two posts in and this thread is just awesome!

5. Why? She is only about two bad career moves from that line of work anyway.

6. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Malin Akerman has replaced the Lowhand in said movie, for anyone interested.

7. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Mmmmmm, Malin.....equally poor actress, should be perfect.

8. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I dont know if Ive seen anything with her in it. I know she was in Watchmen, but I havent seen it. Honestly, I was kinda looking forward to seeing the SlowHand as Linda Lovelace...

Hmm, googling her I did come across a pic of a crotch flash, I aguess she'll do. lol

9. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Thanks Iota!

10. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I look forward to seeing this when I get back home. I've read a few of his books and enjoyed them.

Thanks, Dr!