1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Orange 115 Cab question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassManPatsFan, Dec 26, 2006.

1. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Hey guys,
    There's been a lot of talk about Markbass amps and cabs around here, and as much as I think they look/sound cool, I'm not so sure how a Markbass cab would go with my Mesa 400+. I've been using an Avatar 212 Neo cab with the mesa for about a year and although I like the sound, I think the amp could sound better through a different cab and I'm also getting tired of lugging around a cab that's for the most part bigger than what I need.
    So...I've been looking around for a good 1x15 that could stand alone with my Mesa and maybe later on I could add another one as need be. I am wondering if any of you use or have used the Orange 115, specifically by itself. There seems to be a lack of information about it on the internet which is sort of frustrating. Also, if anyone knows, I would like to know how many watts it can handle, what the dimensions (and weight) are, and if it's 8 or 4 ohm.
    I believe Rock City Guitars in Somerville carries Orange, but I haven't had time to get over there and I'm also not so sure that they would have any of the 115s in stock.
    Thank you!
    -Alex

2. macmrkt

macmrkt Banned

Dec 4, 2002
    From the official Orange website, download the most recent catalog. Specs are in there. Weird, but no specs are in the 'Products' section of the website.

3. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    8 ohms
    400w RMS
    24x20x18in
    66 lbs

4. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    I liked the design and size. With an active Roscoe 5 I could make it fart way to easily at store volumes with the AD200B. Perhaps you would have better luck with a P-bass.