1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ORANGE 200AD MKIII w/ bad main board

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PizzaSteve, Jan 7, 2013.

1. PizzaSteve

PizzaSteve

Jun 14, 2011
    I have an Orange 200AD MK3 with a bad main board. I have had the tubes and caps changed and the power supply was changed as well.

I am wondering what the "for parts" value would be on this head. It looks like brand new.

Thanks.

2. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    A new board should really be that expensive, its just a eastern made PCB, and a pretty simple one at that. I tend to buy dead 200w amps for box, chassis and transformers for about £200 if they don't have valves in. Might be able to do better from someone who doesn't think that modern Orange amps are nasty poo piles.

3. PizzaSteve

PizzaSteve

Jun 14, 2011
    Thanks. This one has had just about everything changed except the pcb. I will chack around to see what kind of price I can get on one. Thanks.

4. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Where abouts are you?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021